Welcome to the #1 KIA Seltos Forum and KIA Seltos community dedicated to KIA Seltos owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Seltos Forum today!

USB input

JeffN9

Reactions
Hi, new member here. Just picked up my new SX a few weeks ago. Lovin it so far:)

I'm wondering what music storage devices(mp3 player, iPod, thumb drive) connected to the USB input you folks have had success with? The Bose Premium sound system would not recognize my iPod Nano 6th generation at all, even after I converted all songs to mp3. I also tried a SanDisk mp3 player but that kept locking up. The only thing I've had any success with is a 128gb thumb drive. The manual only lists a few compatible devices, mostly thumb drives.

Reactions
i’ve been able to use a 256GB thumb drive but it appears to cap recognizing music after the first 8000 songs. while this seems like a ridiculous amount, it doesn’t allow me to just dump my whole music library and i have to spend time weeding stuff out. i was very disappointed that it would not recognize my ipod classic.

jchizek

Reactions
I'd be extremely disappointed also to expect in 2021 not to be backward compatible with 2008 technology? What was Kia thinking? I'm going to have to try my Ipaq next.

Mag05

Reactions
I have a fairly new usb stick and my 2021 Seltos SX will not recognize it.! Why not?